Why Squat? hot
Here’s Why Squat?:
- Squats strengthen your largest, longest, most powerful muscles – glutes, sartorius and soleus.
- Squats strengthen your posterior chain muscles – hamstrings, glutes, lower back, calves, etc.
- Squats strengthen your posterior chain through the longest range of motion (half your length).
- Squats require you to balance the weight which works your abs, obliques, shoulders, arms, etc.
- Squats work your whole body as one piece (NOT in isolation) like you move outside the gym.
- Squats stress your body with the heaviest weights – the more you lift, the stronger you are.
- No exercise or machine is as effective as the Squat for getting stronger.
– The Leg Press is inferior because you don’t have to balance the weight.
– The leg extension is inferior because it only works your quads, with light weights.
– Deadlift is inferior because the range of motion is smaller.